Wednesday, January 9, 2008

In-Between-Days

Christmas and New Year's are gone. School and classes will soon be here again. I have a few more days before the hustle and bustle of classes, reading, teaching, and studying start back again. I am working this week, but I don't really have to start using my brain for much yet :). I done have to go buy books sometime this week; have lunch with friends. I feel blessed though. I had a wonderful holiday break with family and friends. I got to travel a bit, and go snow skiing. It was so much fun, and completely exhausting (not just the skiing part, but the whole traveling around thing). I feel like a need a vacation to regain energy lost from my vacation. How goofy is that? All in all, it was worth it though.

I got all of my Christmas gift knitting done...even if they weren't all given to the recipiants completed. I did finish them all. Everyone like them, and the socks for my dad FIT! That was best of all, and it was my first completed pair of socks! I still haven't made the matching pair to the Slip Up Socks. I started another pair of socks for myself. I finished one last night, and I'm about to cast of for the next one. The first one went by pretty quickly, so this one should too. I am hoping that the yarn is going to be sturdy, and not wear out quickly. I do have to finish the Basketweave Scarf for my boyfriend..... I will be posting pictures of completed gifts and current WIP's soon.

A non-knitting topic: The 'non-knitting blog' to the right is my cousin's. He is currently living in Kenya as a missionary. Please pray for peace and safefy there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we've been following all the stuff happening in nairobi too... we were there this past summer for a medical missions project. hope your cousins are safe! i hear that the locals are equally as upset/shocked about all that has happened there.