Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Monos Locos!

....Crazy Monkies. I finally joined the bandwagon, and cast on for a pair of Cookie A.'s Monkey socks. I am using the Jitterbug yarn I bought at SWAK In the City. I knit the cuff and first pattern repeat. It's amazing, and I'm in love. :) The pattern calls for US1 1/2 needles that will yeild a medium size sock, but I have a small foot (and no US1 1/2 needles), so I'm using US1 needles. Speaking of those needles, they are the replacement that I got from Crystal Palace Yarns. They seem to be a lot sturdier than the other ones. They came very promtly, and I'm expecting them to work a lot better than the last ones. Maybe I just got a bad set the first time.

I am really close to the armhole shaping on my Cinnabar Pullover. I am really enjoying knitting it. It isn't too hard, so it makes great TV knitting. I'm trying to keep up on it, so I will actually be able to wear it this season! I don't want to have to either a)wear it and sweat in OK weather, or b) wait until it gets cold next fall. I'll just have to finish it soon!

I was checking out Lime and Violet: The Daily Chum (link to the site is to the right), and found some new sock yarn that I want. They are a fairly new website, Sunshine Yarns/, and have some amazing colorways. The colorway I really want is WEASLEYS WIZARD WHEEZES - TWIST. It is so colorfull and gorgeous! I'm trying to finish up some projects, so I won't be buying any anytime soon, but I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

Sorry for the pictureless post. I'll try to post some later today or tomorrow.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: