Monday, April 9, 2007

My first MAJOR knitting project is almost done & it's so cute!

Easter weekend was great...good food, fun with my family, and time at church. I saw a great illistrated message called He's Alive at Victory Cristian Church in Tulsa, OK.

I didn't get my shrug finished like I wanted, but felting my purse took a long time and a lot of attention. I finished knitting the last piece of my purse on Friday evening and felted it Saturday morning. It took 45 minutes, checking it every 5 minutes, and then transfering each piece to cold water to stop the felting process. It was finally dry today. Between work and my afternoon class I assembled most of the purse, and it turned out sooo cute! I love it so much. The handle still needs to be attached (right now it's being held on my straight pins).

Here name is Flora, and she can be found here.


Here she is before felting.

And here she is after felting.







Here is a close up of the flowers w/ bead detail.


This is another view just because she's so pretty.
I will probably line the inside of the purse because I'm afraid with how clumsy I am that something will get spilled or a pen with leak. I want something light in color and sort of springy.
I also knit 1 1/2 dish rags in Sugar & Cream. I already gave one to my mom and forgot to take a picture of it.

No comments: