Monday, April 2, 2007

Knit, knit, knit is all I wanna do!

Weekend knitting:
Flower fabric for purse - added several more inches...almost done!
Black shawl - about 2/3's of the way finished. At the point of CO 3 sts beginning of every row till end...also almost done!

Future projects I want to start SOON:
Boogie Time Watch - Designed by Knit and Tonic (wonderful blog)
Shrug - at Glampyre Knits. I have a pink silky yarn to use for it.
Tank - can also be found at Glampyre Knits.

While talking with my step-mom (who knits) said that her mom (who knits more than both of us and for much longer than both of us) said that felting white (which is the color of my purse) wool is the hardest and that the store that I bought the yarn at should have told me. idk. I'm visiting my dad and step-mom this coming weekend for Easter, and together hopefully we can felt my purse successfully.

In my previously mentioned future projects I listed a shrug. I am nervous and excited to knit it. I've knitted a shurg before (see post before this one), and it didn't work out too well. I want to make one that I will actually wear, so hopefully this one will work.

I would so much rather knit than do my readings for class, but since there are only 4 or 5 weeks left in the semester I guess I'd better buckle down, and do the work. One of my professors is leaving for Korea tomorrow morning, so I won't have to go to one of my classes this week, but I need to use that time to work on my research project for another class. Hopefully I will be a hard worker on school stuff, so I'll make all A's instead of 2 A's and 1 B like last semester.

No comments: