Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New things.

Well, I haven't finished anything yet, but I did cast on for another project. I was in Tulsa with my mom, and we stopped by a yarn/stichery shop. They had several handbag knitted up, and I just couldn't resist getting some yarn to make one. The pattern is from Mag Knits, Sophie. I had seen it first on Ravelry, and thought it was super cute. The yarn shop had it knit up with 2 skeins of Plymouth Yarn, Boku in the colorway 2 lot 8. They used one other skein of a ribbon yarn to make a bow for the front, but I didn't like it. I cast on for it today, and I'm just about done with the bottom. I think it's going to be a really quick knit. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get some new batteries for my camera.

This weekend I also made a dish cloth for my mom, but I forgot to take a picture. It was made out of Sugar n' Cream. My mom wants me to teach her how to knit dish cloths, but we didn't have time. She knows the basics of knitting, so I just need to show her.

Other news, my roommate and I are moving to a new apartment in 2 1/2 weeks!!! Eek! I really need to start packing. We've had a few issues with our current apartment, so even though this move will be difficult (right in the middle of the semester) it's a blessing. We found a really cute apartment very closeto the one we're at now, so it won't be too bad. Also, I'm going to apply for a full time job at my university as a Study Abroad Advisor. It's really scary, but I think it's the right thing. There are so many things changing in my life right now, and it's really exciting. Even if this job doesn't work out, I feel like things are falling into place.

New projects, new apartments, and (hopefully) new jobs.

No comments: