Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wow!

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments! I knew I like it, but I'm so happy to hear that everyone else thinks so too! You all are so sweet and nice! I'm a shy person, and oddly enough I thought I wouldn't be online. I sort of am, but I really want to meet some new knitterly friends, so thanks for taking time to stop by my little space.

I started school last week (my last year of graduate school!), so there may not be as much knitting done as I wish for a while, but I'll try to keep knitting and posting! The 3 items to the left in the "on the needles" section are items I will try to finish before starting anything new, but I can't promise anything. I want to cast on for most of the items in the newest issue of Interweave Knits, and the Irish Hiking Scarf from Hello Yarn. I also bought the Spring Things Shawl from I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can last week when she had all of her patterns 50% off. I have yarn for the Irish Hiking Scarf that I bought in Minnesota on my vacation, but no yarn for the Spring Things Shawl. I also have many items in my 'queue' on Ravelry. I am still amazed at how cool Ravelry is, and if you haven't gotten your invite yet just hold on because it's totally worth it!! If you are on Ravely already, or remember this post when you do..here's a link to my page there.

Well I'd better finish up here at work, eat lunch, and then head to the library before class!!! So much to do in so little time....and that doesn't even include knitting time!

5 comments:

Hattie said...

Yeah, I've used that bamboo before for a scarf. I still have some hanging around I think.

For the shawl I did two in jaggerspun zephyr wool-silk, those came out great. I am making my third in kidsilk haze, but it's more annoying than anything. You're gonna love the pattern, it's gorgeous and fairly easy!

Hattie said...

No you would need at least two balls of the kidsilk I'm positive. I used about 300 yards of the zephyr, and the kidsilk isn't even that much for one ball, and I know I'm going to be using more than one ball. I would use the zephyr personally. It's so cheap at sarahsyarns.com and the colors are gorgeous. Plus since the shawl is smallish, one ball gives you enough to make it bigger.

Hattie said...

Yeah just the one ball of the zephyr. I only used half a ball for mine, that's why I was saying you could increase the size.

Oh and I vote for the jade... :D

Eliza said...

oh, am so impatient to get on Ravelry!! There are still several thousand people ahead of me in line. :( For now I just have to look at the screenshots and dream!

I can't remember if I responded to your tuxedo shirt, but it looks fantastic-- a great fit and a smart design.

Anonymous said...

Hi-- Jer sent me your link. Your tuxedo shirt is beautiful -- great job!