Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Sleeveless Tuxedo Shirt.....is FINISHED



I finally got all of the finishing work done on my Sleeveless Tuxedo Shirt, and it turned out AMAZING! I love it soooo much! The finishing part took me a lot longer than I thought it would. There was single crochet around all of the edges, and a crochet scallop around the 'tuxedo/lace insert' part, but all in all it was totally worth it! I found the buttons on sale at JoAnn's on Wednesday. I paid 0.50 for 2 packages of 4. They are La Mode brand, and look just perfect on the shirt.














Details.....


Patern: Interweave Knits Summer 2007, Sleeveless Tuxedo Shirt
Yarn: Filate Bamboo Yarn in colorway 11 pink, 5 1/4 skeins
Needles: Clover Bamboo in size US3
Notions: La Mode Pearl Buttons, 3/8" (9mm)
For: ME!


I'll be posting more pictures on Ravely, so if you're on there look me up: k3gRachel.


Last week I bought the Fall issue of IK, and I'm already trying to figure out which one I want to buy yarn for and cast on! I knew there were some cute things, but WOW! I also bought a Patons book with a bunch of cabled patterns in it. I've never tried cables before, but between that and the new issue of IK I'm bound to figure them out and try my hand at it. I really need to finish some of my other WIP's before I try to start learning cables........

10 comments:

Allegra said...

Wow, that shirt is fantastic! I don't remember seeing it in the mag (although I am now 9 months pregnant, so I wasn't really paying attention to "form fitting" items!)...but I'm putting it on my To-Knit list!! Love the color too! Very feminine

Robin said...

OHHH I love this!!! Love the color, the the pattern, love the PHOTOS! Awesome! I am from Minnesota btw, hope you had fun on your vacation... I am not a ravelry member yet, but I am waiting, hope to see you there if I ever get in!

Anonymous said...

looks great...better than in the mag in my opinion. karen

Iris G said...

It's so pretty and looks great on you! I love every details.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that turned out beautifully!!

Hattie said...

It's beautiful! Love it in pink too, never would have thought to use that yarn I might have to buy some for it!

Octopus Knits said...

It looks lovely on you (and the pink is great)!

Stitch-ay Woman said...

I agree that this is even better than the one from the magazine-- wow. Great job!

Sereknitty said...

Oh, your shirt totally blows away the one in the magazine ... fab! Although I'm not a pink fan, it was the perfect choice and you look stunning in it!

Hadley Makes said...

You look stunning! I agree with the person who said it looks better than in the magazine.