Friday, July 27, 2007

Sewing for knitting needles

A new holder for my circular knitting needles. A close-up of the outside.
A close-up of the inside.The inside.







The outside.

I made this last night using extra material I had laying around. Fully open it measures about 15 1/2 inches wide and 11 inches high, and closed it measures 6 inches wide. It is made out of 100% cotton material from my local fabric store, and the ribbon is sheer with white polka dots. I just made up the pattern to loosely hold my circular knittin needles. I am really impressed w/ myself. I wonder if anyone would buy something like this?

3 comments:

Hattie said...

I would TOTALLY buy something like that, I love the fabric you used too!

Stitch-ay Woman said...

I am pretty certain that people would buy these. In fact, you should design a hanging circular needle holder that can hold multiple lengths of circs, one slot for each size, and hang on the wall as decoration (because it's so purty) and not stretch out of shape. I'm pretty sure someone out there (ahem) is looking for something exactly like that...and if she wasn't currently looking for a new job she'd commission it right now...

Stitch-ay Woman said...

Well, if you do come up with some designs, keep me posted. I like turquoise. stitchaywoman@gmail.com.