Friday, July 13, 2007

Bamboo all over the place

I am in love with my Clover Bamboo Premium Circular Knitting Needles, and the Filati Bamboo yarn. Both of which I am using together to knit the Sleeveless Tuxedo Shirt from IK Summer 07. The yarn is sooooo smooth and silky soft I just want to touch it all the time! The needles are size US3, and they are such a pleasure to work with. I have petite hands, and they seem to be just the perfect fit for my hands. I'm about 9 1/4" into the back piece of the shirt, and it is sailing along. Probably because it's rev St, but it's also just such a pleasent knit that it's all I've been working on this week. I have 2 more decreases to go, and then finish up a few more inches, and then it'll be time start the front.

I wanted to knit the Josephine Top, but it didn't come in a small enough size; however I found someone on Ravelry that modified it to a smaller size, so hopefully I can too!

I've tried to go back to Nicole, but I haven't gotten the patience to figure out my mess up.

I promise picture soon!

**Edit: Ok, it's not so pleasent...I just had to rip it ALLLLLL out. I know. I know that i checked my gauge, and it was spot on, but I just check it and it was WAY off...my 34 sts was 5 inches not 4! I already ripped. It was painful. But had to be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say right on with the cashmere vest comment at Knit and Tonic--being a college student lets us think beyond just lace all the time and onto more reasonable and usable projects.