Monday, July 9, 2007

My WIP's grew and are still growing!

Oops! I started a new project and have yarn for another that I will probably only be able to resist the urge not to start only so much longer.

I have continuted progress on Princess..7 repeats down..who knows how many more?! I really am beginning to like her more and more, and have been told that she'll block out wide than she is now. She's being born out of Knit Picks Glimmer which is 100% merino wool. My socks are still slow growing, but I'm getting more scared as the rows grow that they will not fit my foot even though my gauge is still spot on. Nicole hasn't been worked on in a few weeks now (man that's hard to admit). I was working on her a while back and set her down because of a missed (dropped or lost [MIA]) stich, and just haven't had the patients to try and work it out....too many other things that are coming along well I guess.

This takes us to this past weekend. I had a long one because my mostly full time job at the university gave me last Thursday and Friday off because of having to turn off the water/ac. I did have to teach on Thursday afternoon, and then had the rest of the weekend off! My step-grandmother is an avid knitter and who, like my other grandma, loves that I'm knitting so much, bought me yarn for my bithday. I got it this weekend even though my bday isn't for another week and a half because I don't see her much. My step-mom and I drove to see her Friday. We had lunch, shopped a wee bit, and then hit the LYS. My grandma can be spotted there often, and knows the owner well. Aparently the owner, Fran, just knew how to knit when she was young and has been knitting even since ( I have no clue how long that is). She was amazing, fun, and oh-so knowledgable about knitting, yarn, patterns, etc. The yarn my grandma gave me is Classic Elite Yarns Dazzle in the colorway Kaleidoscope, and a pattern for a shrug/shawl pattern. It was desinged by a local, so it can't be found other than at Ewe and Me. Also, while we were there I picked out yarn for the Interweave Knits Summer 2007 Sleeveless Tuxedo Shirt. The yarn is Filati Bamboo in the colorway Pink. I'm about 3 1/2 inches into it, and I'm LOVING it! The yarn is amazing. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

No comments: