Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm not too young to knit!


Here are a few picture updates of Nicole and the Princess Wrap. I've done more work on the Princess Wrap since this picture was taken, but not any on Nicole. I've also been working on my Slip Up Socks. I have turned the heel and I'm now working on the gusset. It's going well, but slow.



Oklahoma has passed its previous record of days in a row with rain = today makes it 15 or 16. I can honestly say that I am sick of rain not to mention the 15+ bad hair days. My hair does not like the humitdity....because it is still in the uppper 70's to lower 80's. I want it to be summer weather...HOT!









I went to the eye dr. today and since I know I will always be in one waiting room or another I took my sock with me to work on while I was waiting for the dr. I was sitting there happily knitting away (it's a good thing I'm near sighted since I had already had to take my contacts out) and one of the ladies who runs the front desk walks by and say's "you are much to young to be knitting". I didn't take offense or say anything. I just smiled as she walked on by. I love knitting. I know a lot of people still think that knitting is for grandma's and such, but she looked to be in the age group that could have grandchild, and I would think she would like to see a young woman knitting. Well, I have to go back in a week so the dr. can check these new contacts on me, and I'll be happily sitting in the waiting room again with my knitting.

1 comment:

Romi said...

That green lace is gorgeous!