Monday, June 4, 2007

In Memory of Our Fallen Soldiers

Question: Has anyone had problems taking knitting needles in carry-on's in the United States?

This weekend was so beautiful that it was spent all outside, and no knitting was knitted. Friday evening I went to my big's (from big sister from the sorority) bridal shower. The theme was 'celebrity couples', so we were all assigned to dress up as half of a celebrity couple and then find 'our other half' when we got to the party. It was so much fun! On Sunday I had an alumni sorority outing to a local vineyard. We were given a tour of the vineyard from the owner and then he did a wine tasting for us. It was such a gorgeous day filled with sun, friends, and wine. What more could one ask for? Then on Sunday E (my boyfriend) and I went to early church (well early for us, 9:30), went to the lake to go roller blading, which didn't go too well. He had brought his roller blades back from his mom's house, and then bought me a new pair. I guess my feet are just too narrow, because I couldn't get them to work properly. He tried them on (they are adjustable) and verified that I was doing it correct, but that the roller blades were bad. So instead we pick up my dog and took her to the doggie park for a bit and then went to the pool.

As for the title to this post. My best friend lost a cousin very close to her. He was killed in Iraq on Memorial Day along with 9 other soldiers. Please keep all of their families in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Romi said...

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.

NH Knitting Mama said...

I will keep your friend's cousin in my prayers. I can't imagine how hard it must be for the family.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to your friend in her loss. I'm so sorry,

NH Knitting Mama said...

I just got your email. I hope the press interviews went okay. Is there anything we can do for the family?