Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lace knitting = love

and hate! I had a good weekend. It was spent in McKinney/Sherman TX. It was Mother's Day, so I was with my mom and grandma. It was also my cousin's graduation from Austin College. He now has the summer to save/raise money to move to Kenya for one year to do mission work. I am so proud of him! Also during the weekend I finished my darted tank (pictures soon). My grandma was so impressed and proud of me since she's the one who taught me how to knit. It made me feel good to be able to make her so proud (not that she isn't proud of me and all of her grandchildren). I also started my Princess Wrap which is coming along nicely. Since starting it I have learned the following:

Lace knitting is.......
1) fun
2) challenging
3) slippery
4) curse worthy (at times)
5) not easy to do in the car
6) a good way to pass time while you are sitting at an outside graduation in TX at 9 AM while knowing that you are getting a sun burn.
7) something that takes a great deal of concentration and time
8) very beautiful to watch come together

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Yes! And one more thing: beautifully addictive. Not only that, but, somehow lacework impresses non-knitting muggles more than other knitting. That doesn't make sense, but it's true. I wore a lace shawl once and had someone initially refuse to believe I'd made it: "NOBODY does that anymore!" Um, lady, so, it's like the emperor's clothes and it's not really on me? Too funny!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I know that I will try knitting lace someday, and I think that maybe that someday will be soon!

I like your blog.

God bless.