Monday, May 7, 2007

Finally...

I found a lace stole/wrap pattern that I really like. I have been looking forever (at least it seems that long). I wanted a stole that wasn't too hard, free, and a stole not a shawl. I also wanted it to be feminine, but didn't look like I borrowed it from my great-grandma. It always happens to me..I get in my head what I want, and NOTHING else will do. But, I finally found it at Classic Elite Yarns, and the name, Princess Wrap just fits perfectly with what I felt like being so pickey about it. The reason I had so many standards was because (1) I've never knitted lace before (2) I'm a broke college students and (3) I like the look of a stole over a shawl (but I'm not opposed to knitting shawl). I already have the laceweight yarn at home (from Knit Picks), and I'm stoked to get started on it.

No progress from last night to now on the darted tank (also from Knit Picks). I probably won't have time this evening because I have an Alpha Chi Omega alumni meeting.

Update on my step-uncle who had cancer: He actually passed away the same day I posted about him. I just didn't feel like posting after that. His death was painless; he went in his sleep. My heart is heavy just to think about how much I HATE cancer. I don't normally use the word hate, but in the case of cancer I will use it. He is in a better place now. It is us here on earth who will have to deal with the pain of loss.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I'm so sorry you lost him. That's so hard.

On the much lesser subject of knitting, for whatever it's worth, (not wanting to sound like an ad, but I'd be mentioning it whoever wrote it--it's just that it happens to be me) my book of shawls gives the stitch count to the main body of each, so that if you want to cast on so many multiples of that count, you can make a stole instead. And I have one circular shawl where, the entire thing is one six-stitch-long repeat, good for beginners, but also, good for showing off a handpaint.

Hope you don't mind my barging in with this; it's just, I'm kinda excited about all this (and I got my author copy on Friday.)