Wednesday, November 14, 2007

SOCK YARN

Here is the finished Sophie Purse. Like I said before I am a little disappointed with the way that they handles turend out, but over all I really like it. I love the color, and the size is just perfect. I used Plymouth Yarn: Boku. It took about 1 and 3/3 skeins, maybe a little bit more. I haven't shaved it like the pattern calls for, and I'm not really sure I'm going too. I don't have an electric razor, and the extra little fuzz doesn't bother me much. I want to get some pretty material to line it with, and a magnetic snap for the closure. This was a really quick knit, the pattern was free, and the yarn was on sale...so...I would definitely knit this one again, or suggest it for someone else to knit.





I went to my LYS yesterday, and bought these four skeins of sock yarn. The blue one is Regina Tweed, and the other is Jojoland. I had never heard of Jojoland before, but I really like it. It is %100 superwash wool, and it is increadibly soft. The Regina Tweed is for a pair of christmas socks. I'm not sure if the recipient reads this, so I won't say who it's for. If you want to know you can check out my Ravelry projects. I haven't decided who to make the other socks for...they may end up being a christmas gift too. I was planning on making some christmas gift socks, but this week I just had the overwhelming feeling to knit them. I've known that I needed to get on the ball to have them done by Christmas, but just hasn't had the itch. Now I do.
Well, I have another WIP, but I'll leave that one for tomorrow. It's out of the Misti Internations Chunky Alpaca.

No comments: